Pages

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

My Village

I had been working in Banglore. I had planned to spend two weeks at my homeland and enjoy the nature. I had boarded a train called Seshadri which goes to Kakinada via Thirupathi where the lord Sri Venkateswar abodes. The journey was very good as the train cuts through many villages and cities of Karanataka, little bit in Tamilnadu and Andhra Pradesh. I had great glimpses on many villlages and crops that grow in those areas and people wearing styles. It was almost 16 hour journey and we came across the people who speak different languages in the train. It was awesome to observe their chit chat. The sightseeing was pretty good. We reached a city Bhimavaram in Andhrapradesh. Then we first went to a village where our forefathers lived. I felt a great feeling about that land. I took the snap of typical village road.



Ater this, I reached my homeland Srungavarappadu in East Goadavari distrcit. It was always a great pleasure to be at homeland. We celebrated the pongal Sankranthi there. It was a tranditional pongal. It was started on 13 Januray. It was a 5 days pongal. Each day had its own celebrations. The first day was Bogi, village childern or adolescents procured some logs to lit up in the early morning of the day.







We went into village fields and captured some bueatiful scenaries.




No comments: